Monday, August 14, 2006

High and mighty his banner flies

And the winners are:
*
*
3. Lay all your love on me
A super disco stomper. This could definitely be a hit today, and I mean by ABBA, you hear me.
The verses contra the chorus, very clever. Agnetha is amazing when it comes to the up tempo/ poppy songs! But I got to admit that above all I like the hymn like chorus.
*
*
2. Knowing me, knowing you
What a gorgeous melody! The vocals, the arrangements, what's not to like about this song?
note: in -one of the live- version, Frida sings "in this old familiar rooms, children would play-hay-hay-yy" just a slight change, but oh so sexy!
*
*
1. Should I laugh or cry Well, it's Frida's vocals.Period. I don't care about the rest actually. I can see what B&B mean when they say the verses and the chorus do not fit. But oh Frida's interpretation of this song...wow.

The cool eighties synthesizers are fine, the harmonies are cute, but when I hear Frida with that slightly sarcastic voice singing "droning on the usual way, he's such a clever guy " I know that this is my numero uno!