Saturday, August 12, 2006

Quiero dar las gracias a las canciones

The count down continues...
*
*
6. Summer Night City
Is there a place more beautiful than Stockholm in summer?
I remember this song from the concert in Brussels, November 1979. It started with this almost a capella/synth intro and my friends and I just went "what's this, it sounds familiar but..." and than *bang* it was SNC! I still love the live version to bits, it's rocky and raunchy. Who said ABBA couldn't rock?
*
*
*
5. That's me
It's smooth and slick and soooo ABBA!
Agnetha and Frida as two hardcore feminists. ;-)
*
*
*
4. The name of the game


This is when I really fell in love with ABBA. It was 1977, I was 11/12 and they were the best thing I had ever heard in my life!

This song is so relaxed but yet so romantic. The bass riff "dum-dum-dum-dum da-dum-da-dum-dum-dum" is one of the coolest in history.

And we all remember that video with hugging and kissing Benny and Frida don't we?