Saturday, September 09, 2006

To hear the fans scream

Yes it is true. I've seen the REAL ABBA in concert. That means I'm that old, thank you.
How long ago is it? Almost 26 years. Wow! A life time ago.
I can't remember that much, actually. I was there with my friends Lindy and Liesbeth ( who is still my best friend up to date) and since Rotterdam was sold out, Liesbeth's parents very so very kind to drive us to Brussels.
We were keen Frida fans already so we were very happy to be seated on the Frida/Benny side of the stage. OK it was way up about two mile from the stage but with my binocular I could see everything very clear! We even could see them walking when they went backstage to change for example. Once we shouted Frida Frida when she went "past" us and she waved and blew us a kiss. We almost fainted!
*
More memories next time...
*
Page from my agenda October 3rd 1979. I wasn't that much interested in my homework on Friday.

All these ice hockey/football/soccer shirts Frida was wearing during Why did it have to be me come in handy when it comes to locate the concerts. This for example was in Stockholm...


This one in Dortmund....


I'm not 100% sure but wasn't this Brussles? Anyone?


Definitely Rotterdam!

The t-shirt parade is to be continued.