Sunday, September 10, 2006

To stand in the lights


Oh yes, that November night!

As I already said, it's so long ago, it's hard to remember anything. Besides my memories are all coloured by pictures in magazines and the ABBA in Concert special.
However, the fact that my friends and I were sitting "Frida/Benny" side, I will never forget. :-D
I also remember hearing that synthesizer intro to Voulez-Vous (Gammal Fäbodpsalm) and thinking: this is it! It's about to begin! Then the curtains opened and Agnetha and Frida stood there like two V's and all of a sudden Voulez Vous started. Awesome. We screamed and yelled, sang along. It was ABBA. The real ABBA, our heroes! In the flesh! AAAAAAHHH!!!

Some silly things I recall: ( and excuse me for remembering only Frida moments)
Frida and Björn singing Why did it have to be me. It was really funny and Frida was sooo sexy! She even did some kind of striptease. Don't worry, she only took off her t-shirt.
She also flirted heavily with Cleas af Geyerstam once, off stage, he was the sound engineer and from where we were sitting we could see him and the mixing desk. Anyway, as 14 year old girl I thought it was quite kinky and it made a big impression.
Another weird Frida thing I remember is when she bent over and put her hand in her tricot to make sure her breasts were in the right place! Obviously she didn't do this centre stage. Recognizable for us girls I should say.